Thursday, November 22, 2007

"No Country for Old Men"

Is pretty awesome...til' the ending...I remain undecided about it. The rest of the movie is a definite A. I can't decide if the ending is masterful or simply a cop-out. Or if it is simply being true to the novel since I have not read it...In the end though, after a few days, I think it is decent. The rest of the movie is brilliant...and I think overall I will still give it an A. It's just not going to "the" movie of the year for me. Though, to be honest, I still do not have a standout favorite this year.

A few other things (old and new) seen recently:

American Gangster -- A-
Away from Her -- B+
The Astronaut Farmer -- B+
The Hunting Party -- B+
3:10 to Yuma -- A
Wait Until Dark -- A-

1 comment:

J. Lincoln Hurst said...

I was-- and am-- rather astonished by it. A/A+ material for me, and likely my favorite picture of 2007.