Thursday, November 8, 2007

Halloween 4/5 Double Feature...Give Me the Reel Thing

Okay, so watching these and Saw IV in the theatre within days of each other is definitely no credibility play. That's okay. Horror films may be my guilty pleasure per se. And there is no doubt that the original Halloween was one of the best of all time. In addition to that, there is some back story, as from what I can recall, Halloween 5 was the first horror movie I ever saw in a theatre...many moons ago.

I will tell you up front that in comparison to the Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street series, I think the Halloween franchise has held up better. This by no means make the sequels masterpieces, but they have had their moments (Knocked Up co-star Paul Rudd getting his start in part 6), the lowest being Halloween Resurrection with Busta Rhymes among others stellar actors. Busta is a supporter, not a main player, I assure you.

But anyway, I won't drag this out. Besides the college boy making weird breathing/nervous laugh (I shouldn't really be at any horror movies cause I can't deal with it) noises and obnoxious constant side comments to the only girl that would have him, the other thing that really pissed me off about this one-off showing last Tuesday was the fact that it was the dvd being super-imposed onto the screen. Not the actual print. Meaning, the sound was so-so and the the picture was actually about 70% of the screen. Now...I admit, there is a chance that I still would have gone to this showing and paid my $10 (oh my god did I really pay that?) knowing what I do now. Maybe. I'm just saying it would have been nice to know. And as we all know, knowing is 1/2 the battle. Just like GI Joe said.

No comments: