Wednesday, November 28, 2007

In the mail today...

I got my new issue of Paste. Oh, and looky what we have here, the "best" of the albums and "films" of the year. Uh-huh. Right. Well, the best I guess if you only live in snooty indie-ville and pretty much nowhere else. Hey everyone look, we went out on a limb, we included a hip-hop album! I've said it before, I enjoy reading Paste, (actually I much prefer reading the vignettes in comparison to their features or reviews) but to pigeon-hole the signs of life in music to this, well, its simply naive. As for the movies, better but still lacking. Always interesting, because the normal viewing public often has even had the opportunity to see 1/5 of the list. I was impressed that they did actually include the best action (omg, an action film in Paste?) film of the year, The Bourne Ultimatum, in the list. There is hope!

But then again, that is part of the fun isn't it? The opportunity to bitch at other people's lists and say how much they suck while in turn posting yours that is infinitely superior, hehe. Then, after that, people can come and tell you that your list is naive and devoid of all things great :). So yeah, like Josh said, it's all subjective. Which means, I will no doubt have to post mine here sometime soon.

No comments: