Sunday, December 30, 2007

Just when you thought it could happen...

I have never rooted for Eli Manning in a game in my life. Last night I did. Everything I hoped the Giants could do...happened, until the 4th quarter. Get off to early lead? Check. Have one explosive play to get crowd riled up? Check. Have the lead at halftime? Check. Get out to quick start in 3rd quarter? Check. Eli Manning have his best game of the year (not asking much there)? Check. And then it ended. The offense stalled out 1/2 way through the 3rd quarter, the Patriots came back. And after the on-side kick failed after a very late touchdown, it was over. Oh well, I can always pray the Colts or Jags (or perhaps the Cowboys in the Super Bowl) play at their highest level for one game. Possible. Not likely. But possible.

No comments: