Wednesday, December 5, 2007

My Faves in Film This Year

A short note...I'm really not up to giving full mini-reviews on these. I apologize. Perhaps when things are better I may go back and amend. Also, there are a bunch of movies that could be on here that either haven't made it to the "cultural mecca" that is Columbus, OH (hard to imagine I know), never did make it, or passed through so fast I had no chance. I will accept blame for not having seen "The Darjeeling Limited" and "Lars and the Real Girl". The following were and are beyond my control, Juno, Rocket Science, Before the Devil Knows You're Dead, The Savages, Charlie Wilson's War, The Kite Runner, Starting Out in the Evening, Youth Without Youth, Sweeney Todd, There Will Be Blood and The Bucket List.

The Lucky "13"

1. Zodiac
2. Knocked Up
3. 3:10 to Yuma
4. In the Valley of Elah
5. No Country for Old Men
6. Michael Clayton
7. The Hoax
8. The Bourne Ultimatum
9. Into the Wild
10. American Gangster
11. The Lookout
12. A Mighty Heart
13. Red Road

"Best of the Rest" (no discernable order)

Breach
Tarnation (2004)
Fracture
An Unreasonable Man
Days of Glory (2006 - France)
Bug
300
The Lives of Others (2006 - Germany)
1408
Sunshine
Eastern Promises
The Brave One
Ratatouille
Gone Baby Gone
Away from Her
The Astronaut Farmer
The Hunting Party
The Mist

1 comment:

J. Lincoln Hurst said...

AAAUGH! Knocked Up and 3:10 ahead of No Country? You're killing me here!!