Friday, January 25, 2008

It's not that bad...

I know, I know. You want to hate this one really bad. Not as much as I hate blogger right now for wiping out my 4 paragraph review about 3 minutes ago! Is this a sign I'm not supposed to come back? Anyway, yes, "Lions for Lambs" is a bit talky and and could easily be viewed as preachy at times. However, it is actually worth giving it a view with an open-mind, if nothing more for the dialogue exchanges between Cruise and Streep. And Andrew Garfield actually holds his own with Redford. The third act featuring Michael Pena and Derek Luke in Afghanistan with the military falls a bit flat and at times the rhetoric may have you rolling your eyes, but the message about what can we do about changing the direction of the country/world is one that should not require a party line.

2 comments:

J. Lincoln Hurst said...

Welcome back! Stay a while this time!

just scott said...

lol, I'll try.